Monday 10 September 2012

On Coarse For Disaster

On my coarse fishing trips its usually quite uneventful but just recently since my best mate Drew started coming out with me my fishing trips I've been having a few more accidents and slip ups, doubt its to do with my mate but you never know lol,

Anyway my last trip i'd set off out at 6:30am to get to where me and my buddy had organised to meet, turned onto the car park at 6:40am, started to unload my tackle and set off to find a good swim, about 300 yards down the towpath from my car i came across 2 swans walking their cygnets on the bank, i presumed that they would let me by without a problem, how wrong was I the biggest swan of the 2 raised its wings and hissed at me, i started to hurry past them and looked back to find it hot on my heels so i ran with around 35kg of tackle in my arms and shoulder with this vicious bird chasing after me, luckily for me it stopped after 30ft, i stopped and rubbed my side from the tackle box grinding my insides up and then rubbed my backside from the pecks of the swan, i finally made a move and setup my tackle further down from the swans.

I'd been setup around half hour before Drew turned up and set himself up about 10 ft away from me we'd nattered and fished for a while, my mobile rang and i stood up to get it out of my pants, it was the wife ringing to say good morning, i sat back down on my box and tipped the box backwards sending myself, groundbait, maggots and mobile phone flying, Drew was in fits of laughter and i could hear my mrs laughing down the phone, i picked myself up and gingerly rubbed my already sore backside, picking my phone up i asked the mrs to ring me back later so i could sort my tubs out, I picked my maggots up, sorted my groundbait out and sat back down and carried on fishing.

I thought my troubles were over and they were till just before dinner, i bring along my camp stove on my fishing trips to make brews and breakfast and dinner, i'd bought some thick sausages for my dinner and started to cook them on the stove, i was preoccupied with my float disappearing every couple of seconds with line bites and skimmers playing with my maggot, i did not see the big alsatian sniffing around my frying pan, i heard his owner shouting at the dog, i looked round to see an empty frying pan and a very happy alsatian finishing the last of my sausages, his owner could not apologise enough, i laughed and accepted the fate of my lovely sausages and pulled out a pot noodle which i was going to have for my tea and decided that it would probably be best to make something less appealing to dogs in the future.

Luckily the bad luck streak ended there and my fortunes change for the better and i bagged a good number of skimmer roach and perch before i headed home to have tea

No comments:

Post a Comment