Monday 18 June 2012

Kids and Angling

I love to take my kids fishing with me when i head out on the bank my 10 year old daughter and 7 year old son love fishing, so whenever they are off school i try to get them out with me as much as possible unfortunatly that cannot be all the time due to school etc, so i have to head out on my own, i love the peace and quiet but its nice to share that feeling with the kids.




There's no better feeling in the world than seeing your kids catch a fish own their own, even though sometimes they will not hold it as in the above pic my daughter landed it but would not hold it lol its the same with my son he loves catching the fish but again its up to dad to hold the fish 


Now today both my eldest kids were at school and my youngest 2 were at home, i decided to head out and take my 2 year old son out in the pram onto the canal bank, i made sure he had a sun hat on, had plenty of juice and sweets and a couple of toy cars with him, but unfortunatly i was subjected to abuse by a chap walking his dog, calling me irresponsible for bringing a young child out fishing that the lad looked bored (even though he was not) and should be inside playing not out in the sun, it makes me laugh that someone who does not know me or seen me before can start giving a parent grief for taking a child out for a walk along the canal, again it seems its down to narrowminded idiots who just cannot keep out of other peoples business. 


Needless to say, i gave him a good mouthful about keeping his nose out of other peoples lives and just carry on walking and i went and carried on fishing, listening to my 2 year old telling me about duckies and birdies swimming on the water, and the big boats passing frequently, it made me smile to hear him so happy, how can a lad be bored when he is talking constantly about those things.

I'm proud to say that my kids have an interest in fishing, they are the future generation of anglers who hopefully one day will be taking their children down to the canal and teaching them how to fish just like i'm doing with them, its such a good feeling to show your kids how to catch a fish, how to unhook safely, and releasing the fish with less stress as possible it makes you feel really good knowing that they are willing to learn from their elders and put it to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment