Monday 18 June 2012

My Favorite Shad

I know a lot of people have reverted to using Jelly or Rubber lures to catch their chosen predator, due to their lifelike looks and swimming action, I've tried tonnes of different ones from large lifelike roach, perch and trout to the jelly worms which wiggle and jiggle through the water, i have many personal faves but the ones which do stand out for me and work a treat are the Shakespeare Shad Selection

These colorful single hooked shads are absolutley brilliant me and my brother swear by these and catch plenty of pike, the single hook makes for more sport as you have to be that slight more careful in landing the fish as they can slip the hook easier than using treble hooks but are a damn sight easier to unhook than a treble hook, i have lost a few decent pike using these but the thrill of having to alter your play style is a lot more fun in my opinion


A Selection of pike caught using these lures






In all fairness these pictures are all small jacks all below 3lb but my brother has caught an 8lb pike from our local canal with these shad so they are worth a go and a pack of 5 for under £4 is worth the money, again you can find these lures in most tackle shops or go straight to the manufacturer here shakespeare tackle shop

Thankyou for reading and if you try these and catch a decent predator let me know in the comments 

Cheers Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment